Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4. Week 3: Homer's Odyssey Week 4: Noah Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6. Week 5: Sindab Week 6: Twenty-Two Goblins Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.] Week 7: The Monkey King Week 9: Nigeria Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11. Week 10: California/Southwest Week 11: Pacific Northwest Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13. Week 12: Robin Hood Week 13: Looking Glass Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15. Week 14: Italian Week 15: Inferno After reading through each units reading choices I am very excited for some of the content! So far the Classical/Biblical and Native American Units interest me the most. I think this is true because I grew up reading and listening to these exact stories, it will be fun revisiting these fables. Native American fables interest me due to their involvement with nature. As I have previously posted I grew up being very active outside wether it be through sports or outdoor activities. I am very intruged to see how nature plays a roll in these stories and how they could affect certain characters lives. At the moment there are not any stories I see missing that I would have enjoyed, though I am sure once I begin reading I will think of more.
Durupınar site in 2007 The Durupınar site is a large aggregate structure on Mount Tendürek in eastern Turkey. The size and shape of the structure has led to its promotion by some believers as the original Noah's Ark, but geologists as well as some creationists argue that it is a natural formation. The site is near several officially-unnamed peaks, though locals call one of the nearby peaks Cudi Dağı in Turkish and Çîyaye Cûdî in Kurdish, which David Fasold linked to Mount Judi, the mountain named in the Quran as the final resting place of Noah's Ark. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durupınar_site

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Cade Posner... a future firefighter

Week 11 Story- Clay