Growth Mindset

Before this assignment I had only heard of the growth mindset a couple of other times. One of them being through baseball. The sport of baseball is a mentaly draining activity, more often than not players find themselves failing more than succeeding. Our coach has this saying, “Do the things you are most uncomfortable doing the most.” This directly correlates with the first video "The Power of Believing That You Can Improve". By doing these uncomfortable activities you can soon improve those skills that in the past limited your playing ability. The second time I had heard of the growth mindset was through one of my leadership classes here at OU. In order to be an effective leader one must continue to grow so that as different situations arise not only can you adjust, but so can the team behind you. I sometimes struggle with a growth mindset in the way of having a hard time doing something a different way than I had previously done my whole life. My life changed very much when I arrived at college, I had more choices when it came to classes, free time, and how I spent each hour of the day. Each decision I made had an effect not only on my social life, but as well as academic. I started challenging myself more and looking for opportunities to gain others perspectives. I would love to learn more about growth mindsets this year. I think it is so interesting and with my passion for sports I would love to see how it can be implemented not only amongst players, but also coaches. As far as what the critics say, yes there is always going to be doubters and I am sure there is some science behind debunking Carol’s thought process. Though in the end everyone must find what works for themselves.
Photo by Yale Middelton https://addicted2success.com/quotes/100-unforgettable-john-wooden-quotes/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Cade Posner... a future firefighter

Week 11 Story- Clay